NO MORE PUPPY STORES!
ANIMAL TORTURE CAUSING DEATH
• Pet Store owners charged with illegally practicing veterinary medicine open_in_new
• County Announcement of Grand Jury indictments handed down to owners of puppy stores in Reno and Sparks
• See our News Coverage page for stories dating back to 2014
Latest blog posts
- Coming Soon: Setting a precedent? Is animal "murder" on trial in Washoe County?
- 2 most recent bans had stores
- No Matter How Court Rules We Need Bans to End Puppy Stores
- Mass Rally to End Puppy Mill Stores!
- Northern Nevada's growing reputation for getting away with (animal) murder
- 4th statewide ban in world, 3rd in US
- 2020 State of the State: Bye-Bye Puppy Stores!
- Of course you know the next move: Move the trial
- Clown show of dismissing case against Schneiders is over
Send An Email Now!
Reno Business Licensing Asking for Public Comments
Send an email to [email protected].
Due to COVID-19, Reno is asking stakeholders to email their comments in lieu of public hearings.
Only a single sentence or 2 needed in support of an end to the commercial sales of dogs and cats in retail stores.
You might add one or more of the following animals we also support:
- Rabbits (same reason as dogs, cats)
- Ferrets (same reason as dogs, cats, rabbits. Biggest ferret rescue in US is in NV)
- Pot-Bellied Pigs (Large PBP rescue in Nevada. 2 cities in NV include pot-bellied pigs)
- Long-Lived Birds (Macaws can live to 120. End up in rescues.)
- Large Reptiles; yes, like alligators swimming in your sewer line
- Chicks Dyed Easter Colors (they die or have life-long serious respiratory issues)
- Certain turtles that get soft shell syndrome, die lingering/suffering death
- Guinea Pigs (same reason dogs, cats, rabbits, ferrets)
- Pikas (op. cit.)
Details: City of Reno page asking for public comment.
Consider asking for stronger penalties and enforcement and that the amortization period be reduced to effective immediately, which still could take up to 3 months to become law. 6 months could turn into 9 months.
Puppies Plus, RENO
6405 S. Virginia Street #1, Reno, just SW of Neil Rd & S. Virginia
Puppy Love, SPARKS
5318 Sparks Boulevard #100, Sparks
Puppy Plus and Puppy Love long-standing "F" from BBB
Sign our petition to local officials to pass a ban on ending retail sales of dogs, cats and rabbits in the Truckee Meadows.
Hosted at Google for verification purposes. Use your Google Log-in (or create one) to sign and share:
Puppy Store Protesters in the News Again 10/6/19
Contact Sparks City Council
Contact each member of the Sparks City Council at once by using this email address.
Ask them to please do what Reno City Council is doing: end the sales of dogs, cats and rabbits in the city limits once and for all.
Contact Washoe County Commission
Contact each member of the Washoe County Commission at once using this email address.
Ask them to please do what Reno City Council is doing and end the sales of dogs, cats and rabbits in the county once and for all.
Contact Washoe District Attorney in Support of Court Case
District Attorney Scott Hicks, Jr.
Thank them for bringing this case, so supported by the Northern Nevada Community, to court. Anyone have any information to give, contact them here.